Time for an upgrade (corded drill)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just managed to misplace my drill bit set (they were all knackered anyway) and my long suffering combi drill cant even hack drilling through 3mm Stainless Steel.

Time for a corded drill I think. Can anyone recommend a drill for moderate use, mainly for:

Masonry drilling (wall plugs)
Stone tile drilling
The occasional exterior wall penetration.

My budget is £100 or less.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
find a few quid more and invest in a bosch blue,there bomb proof.

Sponsored Links
My last Bosch blue lasted over ten years this was with extraordinary daily use.
The one prior lasted longer.

There are few tradesmen on this forum who have said otherwise so i find cook's statement hard to believe unless the drills were abused. There is nothing and no one that would convince me to buy any thing other than a Bosch blue sds drill.

Hilti are the very best but come with a hefty price tag.

I have to say though the ones i buy are purely for drilling. I don't buy the bells and whistles roto stop fellas as i prefer to use drills for drilling and demolition hammers for bashing.

OK, let me clarify things a little, as noseall seems to be calling me a liar. Firstly I never ever abuse my tools, however I do use them on a daily basis. I had a bosch blue demolition hammer for seven years until it finally burnt out. I was so happy with it that I bought another one which is still going strong. I had a bosch blue SDS for 3 years which also died so I changed it for a Makita and have never had a problem with it. I owned a bosch blue cordless which broke and was going to cost too much to fix. I then bought a Dewalt which was rubbish. SO have now bought a Makita Li-ion and it is superb.

So as I said previously I would recomend Bosch Blue or Makita. My Makita tools are excellent and as far I have had few problems. The Bosch Blue tools were also good, I think I was just unlucky with the SDS.

So Noseall before you start saying that people are "hard to believe", this forum is all about peoples experiences and opinions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back