Drilling porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted Italian travertine porcelain tiles to wall and floor in our bathroom - and now find i cant drill them to put in the waste pipe and screw the toilet down and screw the shower cubicle to the wall.

Can anyone advise how to getr over this problem please. I realise I can mastic the toilet (probably) but the waste pipes and shower pose a more serious problem.
Thanks is anticipation of your help

Terry P

Sponsored Links
Yes - thanks. I am still unable to locate a bit to drill a smaller hole for toilet screw and shower screw inserts. B and Q / Plumco etc not able to help either with supply or advice.

One guy is suggesting mastic-ing the toilet to the floor and wall - is this sensible?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Topps Tiles have in fact now supplied me with 6mm and 8mm diamond tipped bits which appear to work slowly but fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back