Dripping from overflow/expansion pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys , I need a bit of advice please...a few weeks ago I had a new gas filter fitted on my vailant combi. Its still under warranty thank goodness !! Now I have a leaking overflow pipe under the floorboards, not sure if it is an overflow or maybe an expansion pipe somebody said??!! Anyway the elbow joint has been glued , do i need to get special glue to fit a new joint on , and why is there a significant drip when the heating is on ? Pressure goes up to 2.2 is that too high? Thanks in advance much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dan , thought I could do it on my own over the weekend ! Is the pressure too high ?

You seem to have multiple problems!

As well as confusing parts of the installation.

Boilers don't have "overflow" pipes!

They have a pressure relief valve vent.

Also a condensate drain pipe. Sounds like that leaking.

But the system pressure should not increase much when the system gets hot. Typically from 1.5 bar to 1.8 bar.

Sounds as if your boiler is not absorbing enough expansion. The installer may not have checked the air charge pressure at installation. I understand many don't!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thankyou Agile, I am confused , dont know anything about boilers, single lady and thought the white plastic pipe was overflow . Anyhow think I need to get them back because I cant get the joint off its fixed solid but leaking!! Also the joint further down is leaking too.
Thanks for your advice , have a good day .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back