Drive edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need suggestions about edging.

See photos, I have a bungalow under rental, big tarmac drive which has seen better days. There was a stone wall separating the drive from the kerb. Only the first layer of stones are left now. Not nice looking and not practical as stones are being kicked, run over, you can find them all over the place.

Cannot redo the drive right now as I need to invest else where in the bungalow. I would need a way to make that edge nicer, more practical without damaging the drive further than what it is.

The edge is curvy. The drive is a layer of concrete under a layer of tarmac. How could I make that look nicer without spending too much. I want to do it myself.

I thought to replace the stones by these common concrete edging slabs. Is there something else easier to install or nicer loooking? All I want is just for the soil and the bark to stay in place and not spread on the drive. There is no depth of the soil really, it is almost at the level of the drive.

Thanks to give me ideas.

Letty

Attachments

• IMG_3253.JPG
    IMG_3253.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3258.JPG
    IMG_3258.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
Hi Domdee,

Maybe I am too fussy!
The thing is that the stones are not stuck to the ground anymore and sometimes they end up on the drive or among the bushes. The place can look neglected and abandoned. Tenants just don't care.
But maybe you are right, I'll see.

Thanks.

Letty

Letty just lift the stones.
Lazy way would be to lift the stones and in the bed fill postcrete and sprinkle with water and replace the stones as you go along before it sets.

Best way.
Dig a slight trench and bed them in with a mortar mix. They look good as they are if stuck down.

Sponsored Links
I'm with domdee, think they have a lot more character than standard concrete edging. Can you not sort of cement in what you already have.
Digging it all out and concreting in new edging then back filling would be a fairly big job (1½ hour per meter?) plus a fair few ton to bring in and take away. I would leave it until you were doing the whole driveway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back