Driver for Pixma ip4000 on Win 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above printer connected to an XP Pc. This PC is on my home network which is hard wired to run another XP Pc, I can print from either Pc via the network. Have recently bought a new Win 7 machine which is now linked to the network but I can't get it to print. I've tried to install via W7 but having searched the Web it says it can't find a driver. I then downloaded a driver which apparently is for the machine. I pointed the W7 machine to the file when setting up but it says it needs an .inf file. It suddenly occurred to me that I should probably be setting up the new driver on the serving XP machine, even though it's a W7 driver ? HELP. please !

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick reply. The network comprises a Netgear DG834G.v2 which is in an upstairs room attached to an XP desktop, which is attached by USB to the Pixma. I have a lead coming from the Netgear to a downstairs room where my laptops are. I just plug in the lead to whichever laptop I'm going to use (probably a bit primitive but this is an old cottage with thick stone walls)
The driver I downloaded is aomwin110ea23us. I need the printer upstairs because of space restriction (imposed by my spouse!)

Just a thought is your new W7 64 bit and your printer 32 bit?

Sponsored Links
have you tried using a home plug?
passes the broadband through your electric.

are all the computers on the same work group (can you move files between them)?

anyway, personally i'd get a wireless printer i use aan SX425W
this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-SX515..._1_cc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307469589&sr=1-3-catcorr

uses the T711 series inks which you can get compatable versions really cheaply.

I know its not much of a solution but the newer printers are very easy to network.

I don't want to change the printer. I have set the W7 (64 bit) machine up to print to an old Epson photo 750 with no probs, I feel sure it will do so with the Pixma somehow. I thought about connected the W7 machine directly (via USB) to the Pixma and loading a driver from that set-up, this would put the driver on the W7 machine though and I feel it should be on the XP serving PC. Am I correct here, the driver needs to be on the XP serving PC, if so would Windows load a W7 driver onto an XP machine ? It's a minefield.

Thanks for all inputs, have found an easy way and am up and running.Will post under new heading to help any-one else struggling

Sponsored Links
Back