Lexmark X1190 Printer drivers for Windows 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to share this with anyone who may have a Lexmark X1190 or similar printer that worked with Windows XP and had upgraded to Windows 7. Lexmark UK told me there were no Windows 7 drivers for this printer (X1190) and I was going to buy a new printer, but when I researched the internet, I found on the United States Lexmark site that you can download and install the Windows Vista drivers for this printer and others, which will allow them to work in Windows 7. Mine works brilliantly now. I have dual-boot operating systems (XP and Windows 7) and the printer is installed and working now in both. Hope this is of some help. Check out the United States website if you are having problems obtaining Lexmark Printer drivers for Windows 7!

Sponsored Links
The upgrade advisor said the same about an old HP995c printer I have. When I installed Windows 7, sure enough there was no driver listed. I chose the search online option and lo and behold a driver appeared. Works just fine too.

The moral of this is that it seems to be worth persisting with older printers and very probably other devices too :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back