Installing a printer

Great news for me at least! Lexmark technician phoned today and over the space of an hour got my printer up and running. The problem was that even when the firewall was 'disconnected' it was still somehow stopping the driver download from working Anyway, problem solved and so thanks all round.

It might be of interest to know that I e-mailed Lexmark and suggested that it would be better if they phoned me, rather than me using the premium rate number to phone them and it worked.

Sponsored Links
Erm, tell me if I've got this wrong bolo, but I don't remember reading what firewall you had in place. Was it a software firewall running on your PC? :eek:

Erm, tell me if I've got this wrong bolo, but I don't remember reading what firewall you had in place. Was it a software firewall running on your PC? :eek:

Softus, if you have been reading any of my not too numerous posts, you would have realised that until the problem was solved, I didn't know what a firewall was or where it was kept. Actually, I still don't! To be very honest, the technician lost me so my wife took over. He took her through to a screen which had dozens of icons all of which,except one were 'enabled'. The one that was 'disabled' was the Lexmark driver. I am sorry if misled you, confused you or shocked you.

Sponsored Links
Back