printer driver troubles with windows 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

anyone who can help will be justly rewarded (in heaven!)

i have a new laptop and it has windows 7 on it, my printer is a dell photo 944 and i have firefox (and IE if needed) installed on it.

i have been on the dell site and for some reason cant set it up, there doesnt seem to be a windows 7 place for the driver, so i tried it using the xp mode and low and behold did not work!!!

anyone????

thanks loads

jef

Sponsored Links
Always Windows 7 with driver problems.
Why don't Microsoft develop new versions of windows in association with other developers/software/hardware manufacturers, etc before releasing some new totally crap OS is beyond me. Support from manufacturers/software developers should be there from day one of release. Sadly I'm sure there will be other posts on here concerning drivers,support for Win7 and software that won't run on it.
I usually move over to new OS's at least a few years after release. That way, most of the problems have been ironed out, whether it be through updates or fixes. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that.
That link appears to have changed now to just have your last post!
It did have a link to a driver removal tool which if used I suspect would be
I suspect you also need to turn off WHDL/driver signing befire trying to install the driver.
I can't think of much else apart from logging a support call with dell or searching on google.
And yes, I would never buy a dell printer ;) Canon is my favorite.

Back