driveway block paving questions

It’s not upto any official standard. It should be 5mtrs away and more like 1 to 1.5cm/mtrs, lined with membrane and filled with clean stone or AquaCells.

The average one we dig in would be 4 AquaCells but if I did my own i’d join the ACO’s into a drain via a silt trap.

The MOT amount varies. I repair drains and water supply leaks so dig up all sorts of surfaces and from what I see 100mm would be more than average, some have 50mm, some just sand. The more the merrier I say.

Sponsored Links
It’s not upto any official standard. It should be 5mtrs away and more like 1 to 1.5cm/mtrs, lined with membrane and filled with clean stone or AquaCells.

The average one we dig in would be 4 AquaCells but if I did my own i’d join the ACO’s into a drain via a silt trap.

The MOT amount varies. I repair drains and water supply leaks so dig up all sorts of surfaces and from what I see 100mm would be more than average, some have 50mm, some just sand. The more the merrier I say.

See if its just a genuine rule of 5mt that worrys me but is there no offial law ? as only 1m away. Might say can that not be moved but the drive slopes down towards house and also on angle to with right hand side higher than the left so not sure if possible. But also going to say want more sub base.

Just worried about the sump/soak away being close to house incase of subsidence etc.

Thanks dean

I mean their hole doesn’t meet any official standard. Although some blocks allow water to pass through them, i’m not sure about yours. Probably best to have a read into them:

F0F254B3-EE9D-4A26-88E2-4E1D9E0209F8.png

I mean their hole doesn’t meet any official standard. Although some blocks allow water to pass through them, i’m not sure about yours. Probably best to have a read into them:

View attachment 153926
thanks again Ian oh ok I understand should by law ( building standards ) it needs to be 5m away ?

the thing is I don't want to sound like a idiot who thinks he knows everything but my concern is being so close to building only few inches from next doors wall. but they are building standards approved so should know all of this. I may ask if the aco drains can go into the drain were the drain pipe from roof goes into to the right of the door.

Dean

Sponsored Links
Thought would add few more pichures for you of the front of house along with drain on drive i susspect is sewage (round one)along with were drain pipe from roof goes into drain .Also the hole thats dug at the minute.
20181205_133508.jpg

20181205_133459.jpg
20181205_133459.jpg
20181205_133514.jpg
20181205_133527.jpg

Looks like you have a damp problem under your post box, what is the grey box next to the post box?

Andy

Looks like you have a damp problem under your post box, what is the grey box next to the post box?

Andy
The dpc is just below door and no damp problems in house at that side at all and tbh never ever opened that grey box so not sure ony thing there is telephone goes into the house.

And i have read lots on paving expert and just find it easier to ask people who do the job daily and know my concerns to give me a bit peace of mind sorry if going on a bit jist a few things concerned with.

Thanks dean

If that's the soakaway ? I'm guessing 50-60 m2 of drive looking at pics?

I'm thinking you need a chat with boss man.
As a good deluge will flood you out.

I can't see the lie of the land but if that's the low point ? I see problems.

thanks again it is really appreciated everyone, he is coming to speak later so I can tell him my worry. yes if you look at the bricks the right hand side is the low point and were the water used to run.

I am going to say I would be happier if they ran the aco drains into the drain what the roof water going into to the right of the door. as that must surely go straight into main drains. also speak about wanting more subbase.

Dean

He just been out to see me and wont go ahead till i am happy. Says going to get more hardcore ordered for the edges and going to come up with a solution about the drain as i said want water to go into the main drain. So hopefully gets sorted out.

Thanks everyone for advice and recomendations and help.

Will let you know what happens
Dean

Last edited:
Is it finished ?
Sorry for late reply ues it finished and looks great. So happy told them when i wasnt happy and they came and rectified everything i wasnt happy with.

Just hope its fine as didnt put down membrane but very thick MOT so hopefully fine.

Looking at getting sealed once weather better but might do it my self as going to cost £300 ish for 54m2.

They use smart seal the Polyurethane block sealer costs the most so is that generally the best ? Howecer on there site it says 23liters will only cover 46sp meters so 2 coats is very expensive at £145 for a 23l barrel.

Any advice, also will get some pichures on this week to show end results
Thanks dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back