driveway causing damp to house wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have been renovating a victorian end of terraced house. The builder has pointed out that the driveway running up the side of the house is 500mm higher than my internal kitchen floor level. I telephone a surveyor who said this is likely to be the cause of my damp problem and a french drain should be installed. I am stunned that when I had a local damproofing company in a fw months ago to inject the DPC they did not spot this. As this was a few month ago the inside has been renered and replastered and is nearly finished, but was still showing signs of damp on the bottowm of my kitchen and utility wall. This is the wall that is effectively under the driveway.
I do not own the driveway so who exactly is liable for the installation of the french drain? Surely the owner of the driveway - perhap I need to find a legal advise forum, but I just wondered if anyone had a similar experience in the past?
Thanks for your time! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back