Driveway Ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for some suggestions and ideas on how to improve the look of my driveway.

I know the sensible option would be to just block pave the rest but I can't afford to pay £2-3K at the moment so looking to spend up to £300 and to just "tidy it up" myself.

What options do I have? I want to get rid of the green bushes and white stones and want it to look neat and just blend in with the paving. I think the brick wall needs to go as well.
Dont mind having some plants but needs to be low maintanance.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Pictures attached.

Thank you!
IMG_20190404_125914.jpg
IMG_20190404_125922.jpg
2019-04-06 13.42.47.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you raked the stones, removed all rubbish, and treated it with Pathclear, the stony part would look fine at low cost. I suppose a boat or caravan was parked there by a previous occupant.

Tidying the borders would help a lot.

Yes, I think the existing wall is beyond repair. you could put up a ranch fence or something at low cost if you can't afford a new wall yet.

BTW the pavement around your stopcock/water meter has sunk. This usually indicates a leak. Notify your water company.

Thanks for your reply. I think it's difficult to tell from the pictures but there is dropped kerb at the end of the drive hence the lowered pavement around the water meter. Its not sinking but thanks for pointing that out :).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back