Driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice/inspiration for our driveway. We have had planning passed but have to increase parking space by 1 so we want to get rid of the bit of grass and have it all redone. we have looked at resin, block, flagged and imprinted but unsure which is going to be best.

Any advice or do's and don't would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just placed an Order with a Contractor for 60m2 pattern imprinted Concrete , I think the main thing whatever the finish make sure the Hardcore Base is solid

I’ve also had the incoming Water supply Pipe replaced so no need for further works on the front of the Property , all drains are round the back

good luck with it

Phil

Picture attached...

I was also thinking of the mains water pipe while it being dug up but I won't be needing to get it connected for some time yet... I wouldn't know what to do with the bit sticking out the end of my drive? I could however put the pipe sleeve/conduit? in so it can be pulled through at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpeg
    IMG_1961.jpeg
    842.1 KB · Views: 206
Sponsored Links
If you are digging out then getting the sleeve in at the same time may save a lot of money at a later date.
Make sure it is the correct diameter and that both end are capped to prevent dirt/water getting inside and mark where the ends are.

If you are digging out then getting the sleeve in at the same time may save a lot of money at a later date.
Make sure it is the correct diameter and that both end are capped to prevent dirt/water getting inside and mark where the ends are.

I supply a company that does the connections for our local water company so will ask them to supply me with the necessary bits I will need :)

I would have block paving.

I dig up all sorts to repair drains/water supply and block paving always goes back down the best.

Only when it's installed correctly in the first place and re-installed the same way. LOL
Do you lay it down yourself after digging it up Ian?

Only when it's installed correctly in the first place and re-installed the same way. LOL
Do you lay it down yourself after digging it up Ian?

Yes, I split the sand and MOT (if there is any) off to one side so it goes back in as it comes out.

I’m paying a guy to do my driveway though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back