Driving a 7.5 tonne on car licence

Found this so i might of been mistaken because theres no mention of drivers, just supervisors

Important Notice - New Legislation was introduced at the beginning of April 2010 regarding who can supervise learner drivers in Category C1-7.5 tonnes.Those holding pre-1997 licences on "grandfather rights" can no longer supervise learners

Only drivers who have passed the DSA C1 or C LGV test can now supervise learners in category C1 - 7.5 tonnes (7.5t), providing they passed the relevant test prior to the new legislation and only if grandfather rights were already held. If they passed the practical test after this date the standard three year qualifying period to act as a supervising driver for the relevant category applies.

Yes that won't apply to him being the driver.
But he'll need to gain a cpc.

Sponsored Links
Quick question for anybody in the know.

The story so far, i'm trying to catch a person out who is bulls hitting about starting a business up that will involve him driving a 7.5 tonner, my question is what is he allowed to drive on a car licence, FYI he's 58 and passed well before me

I passed in 1988 and as such i have Catergory C1 entitlement automatically but those who passed after 1997 did not get this and would need to pass a further test BUT.....didn't the law recently change to say even those who passed before 97 and who automatically had entitlement will now need to pass a further test.

FYI this guy passed well before me so will have C1 and i'm 99.9% certain he has not had any further training as per law changes (if any)

Can someone confirm whether the law changed to what i think it has?

Why are you trying to catch him out????

Because i'm fed up with his constant BS.

He's out of work, never worked while i've known him, says he doesn't sign on because he's on tax credits, yet other people that go into the Mrs's hairdressers shop see him signing on.

About this time last year he said he bumped into his ex wife, the split was amicable and they do still talk, long story short she runs a lettings agency, she offered him a job showing people round houses, even get a mini cooper thrown in, told us he started, even saw him wearing a suit, told us mini got scratched outside his house on 1st night, his neighbour also comes in shop and he's never seen a cooper and he's never seen him go to work.

Anyway, don't see this guy in ages, then one day appears, i asked him how's his job going, what job.........never started it, didn't materialize, wife was full of BS??????? Thats strange, i'm sure he said he had a mini cooper and it got damaged......total B****ks!

Then the next thing is he's inhereted 55k and he's starting his own business up right after xmas, the money is in the solicitors account but just crossing the T's and dotting the I's, YAWN!!!

Xmas been and gone, still no job!

Then, he appears again, this time as a part owner and company director of a firm (won't use keywords as he'll do google searches and end up here), gave everyone the usual BS, that he sunk 30k of his money into it, how he sits in an office ordering people about in the vans BLAH BLAH BLAH! Then he mysteriously quits, says the other owner closed down and did a runner with his money.

Read on it gets better.....

Then, while he was sitting in my Mrs's shop one saturday just chatting with all of us a young lad on the dole walks in and see's this bloke (the bulls hitter) 'ay up mate, d'ya remember me?' No mate who are you? ' ya must remember, it's me from ******* *******, the dole office sent us there to do voluntary work', his face turned bright red and he stormed out the shop. We then got the correct story of this lad, he was never a part owner, just another volunteer sent to do a job or you lose your benefits.

The next thing we hear is he's setting himself up in business providing a service to large companies and disposing of their certain type of waste. He's been to business link, done a business plan, got the grant, bought 2 vans and is all ready to go. Three months later still no business, quized him about his vans, there in storage he says.....YAWN!

Asked him about his grant and surely they'd want to see some proof of business, books and stuff etc etc, nah he says, he didn't get the full amount in one go (15k), just 2k every quarter........YAWN!

All goes quiet on this front then the next thing we know is the original plan of this business, providing this service to large companies changed to importing prams from eastern europe, i quzzed him on whether business link or whoever needed to know, maybe see a new business plan, forecasts and all that jazz and he comes out with some BS that he told them but it didn't matter..............YAWN!

Again, this job never materialized because of complications and months later he's still out of work...........that is until this saturday, i asked him whatever happened to this certain business of removing certain(keyword withheld) waste form large companies, to my amazment he said its all going ahead, be 2/3 weeks, the truck is being sprayed as we speak, its being fitted out and sign written, he said the truck was parked outside his house last week where it was dropped off, he said he drove it to the sprayers but couldn't remember what street it was on, thing is his neighbour comes into the shop and he's never seen no 7.5 tonner outside .

Just got so fed up with this guy and i think i'm going to burst his little bubble on saturday in the shop infront of loads of customers hence why i asked if he needed a licence, i know he'll have C1 but i thought the law changed meaning he'd lost it, evidently i was wrong but if i'm correct in saying he still needs a digital tacho test if driving the truck is the primary part of his job, well driving to other business premises and getting rid of their waste and then transfering it to a waste transfer station in my eyes is so he's driving it illegally without the correct documentation, its not the fact that i want to report him to the police although maybe i should i don't know, its just that he's telling lies without covering his bases

Sorry for the long winded post but you'll probably understand why, i guess we all know one or two people like this though!

He'll also need a waste carriers licence, seeing as it's waste products or whatever he says is going in the back of the 7.5 tonner.
Send him up the social club (used to be the British Legion), we'll suss him out in a few minutes. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes, unfortunately I used to work with someone very similar, months and months of total b***sh*t.

Without giving anything away, he used to bang on about how wonderful he was with car mechanics, how he worked at his friend's garage in the evenings, how he could take an engine out of one car and convert it to fit another car, strip the gearbox down etc etc, you know the sort of thing.

One afternoon as we were leaving work, his car wouldn't start. He immediately phoned his dad: 'Dad, my car won't start, can you come and have a look at it?'

This, along with a phone full of fake girls names and other totally ridiculous stories makes me wonder if it's the same guy??

Back