There are still traffic cops about, I've seen one!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just on the speeding thread and I remembered something awesome I saw two years back...

I was driving down a moderately busy motorway one sunny Saturday. Plenty of traffic as always, but moving just fine. Looking in my mirrors I saw a car a few hundred yards back driving like his a**e was on fire. So fast that I floored it to finish my overtake just so I could pull over before he hit me. Eeek

The Lexus with a "child-on-board" sticker (seriously!), passed me at about 120mph, then nearly rear-ended a car further on who couldn't get out of the way in time. Then the idiot nearly lost it on a corner and ended up just missing a car in the middle lane.

Now there's never a police car around when you want one, is there...

"Oh, wait a minute, what's that?" I thought, as the black volvo estate behind me suddenly developed blue lights and sirens and lots and lots of speed. How much I grinned a couple of miles later as I saw the policeman frogmarching the driver back to see how well he'd come out on the video footage and presumably preparing to make him actually eat his own licence. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What's the most grinworthy act of road justice you've seen? :D

Sponsored Links
Something similar. As a LWB Hi-roof van driver, I was making my way down to the smoke on the M40.

Normally this is a fast road, but there was a guy in the 3rd lane going very slowly.

I stuck behind him. Soon, a repmobile roared up behind me so close I couldn't see him in my door mirrors.

After a couple of miles of him blaring his horn, I pulled over into the 2nd lane.

As I did so, I looked in my mirror to find he was alongside me even though I hadn't cleared the lane.

Of course, the car that was in front of me was now in front of repmobile man.

I could scarcely believe my eyes when he crept up so close to the slow car that there must only have been inches between them.

All the while he was blowing his horn, flashing his lights & gesticulating madly.

Soon after the slow driver also moved over, at which point the repmobile driver took both hands off the wheel & made some claps above his head. I guessed it was a sarcastic swipe at me: "You're not man enough to get this slowcoach out of the way, but I have!"

Anyhow he was very soon out of sight. He reappeared a couple of miles later parked on the hard shoulder. His car was empty, but the unmarked BMW behind him had two occupants in the front & one in the back.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall!!

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/Tributes-at-the-scene-of.5026899.jp

Dam shame they did not deal sooner with above the driver. Especially as he was known to them.

:oops: Forgot they make more £££££ catching 35mph suicide drivers.

Another idiotic comment from Gremlin again.

Sponsored Links
So you think the link is an idiotic fact.

You sad bas££rd.

No, what happened is a tragedy and a real shame

The fact that you are trying to put a hint of blame on the police is a disgrace. It doesnt suprise me though with your hatred towards the police, and you call me a sad bastard!

Hang on. There's no need to start chucking insults, just because you disagree.

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/Tributes-at-the-scene-of.5026899.jp

Dam shame they did not deal sooner with above the driver. Especially as he was known to them.

:oops: Forgot they make more £££££ catching 35mph suicide drivers.

l thlnk that was a very falr post

Sponsored Links
Back