Driving without the clutch ?

chambsesf said:
AdamW said:
masona said:
4) Correct use of lights: Sidelights, or "parking lights" to give them their alternative name, are not to be used for driving. If it is suitably dim that you need any lights, use headlights. After all, lights are so others can see you more than so you can see others. And a dimly glowing parking light is no good to be seen.

Highway code doth proclaim:

You MUST
use headlights at night, except on restricted roads (those with street lights not more than 185 metres (600 feet) apart and which are generally subject to a speed limit of 30 mph)
use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 201).
ensure all sidelights and rear registration plate lights are lit at night.
Laws RVLR regs 24 & 25 & RV(R&L)R reg 19

So presumably as long as the drivers to which Adam refers are in streetlit, 30mph built up areas, then they are acting within the law??

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/08.shtml#93 said:
You should also
use dipped headlights, or dim-dip if fitted, at night in built-up areas and in dull daytime weather, to ensure that you can be seen
keep your headlights dipped when overtaking until you are level with the other vehicle and then change to main beam if necessary, unless this would dazzle oncoming traffic
slow down, and if necessary stop, if you are dazzled by oncoming headlights.

Sponsored Links
Is the highway code still advisory rather than the law?

pipme... 5-30am! have you got a lap top in the bog for use when having an early pee or what?

Always an early riser, like the mornings ..... cool, fresh and brand new !!
Quiet time, before the team stagger forth and taxying begins !!
:LOL:

I guess you would have to be a bit silly to drive around without headlights in the dark anyway! I doubt anyone has ever been pulled over for using only sidelights whilst driving at dusk, but I bet people have been for doing this when it is properly dark, built up area or not.

Next time the weather is grey and miserable and raining, look out for cars with only sidelights on, and decide if that offers any benefit in visibility over the cars with no lights on.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Next time the weather is grey and miserable and raining, look out for cars with only sidelights on,

Loads, mate. Unfortunately, they've got their FFF on too......

FFF = f-in front fogs!

Noticed someone driving in the rain, no lights !!!!!! ... No car either, but then he was on the 18th tee !!
;)

pipme said:
Noticed someone driving in the rain, no lights !!!!!! ... No car either, but then he was on the 18th tee !!
;)

I was going to make a pun involving the VW Golf, a Mini Clubman and a Ford Tee-bird, but I would have to stretch it a "fairway" to make it work. :rolleyes:

Done, for the sheer pun of it ! ;)

Women drivers, could never drop the clutch without a, ahem!! snatch ! ;)

AdamW said:
I was going to make a pun involving the VW Golf, a Mini Clubman and a Ford Tee-bird, but I would have to stretch it a "fairway" to make it work. :rolleyes:
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:02 am
Says it all, really ;)

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:11 am

There is a 9:11... AM... on a Sunday?! Oh my god! Perhaps one day I shall get up early enough on a Sunday to see this... 9:11am. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back