Drones or quadcopters

Sponsored Links
Ack ack I'd have thought.
With reference to an earlier comment I'd have thought the deciding factor in using drones to deliver parcels isn't the relative sizes of the drone or package but the availability of potential "landing sites" . Another thing I don't quite understand is exactly how parcels are delivered. Do the drones just drop the parcel off in the middle of the lawn and the recipient have to retrieve it from bad weather and potential light fingers?

a permit to allow drone deliveries, won't be long now when you order for delivery within half an hour
I can see them running out of drones in no time. Hobbyists will be 'borrowing' and hacking them :) .

Anyone see the BBC today? The Pilot's Association is calling for compulsory geo-location based operating restrictions, drone registration and their tracking by the police. And this is just the beginning as huge financial losses accrue and the pressure mounts on drone jockeys. Hobbyists won't be hacking them for for much longer, especially if an event occurs. Is it simpler to move to Mars? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Wow a drone at 12,500ft, I'd love to see that, mines limited to 1700ft through firmware and can't be changed, it's widely acknowledged that a drone cannot fly as high as some of these reports say, the air is too thin and the props cannot generate enough lift. Probably another carrier bag

How long before we have ships captains reporting near misses with drones 10,000ft off shore?

Yep, I have the P4P. Cracking but of kit.

Agreed, nice drone, I just have a P3A and to be honest it's getting a bit long in the tooth for me, my brother just bought a mavic pro extra fly combo, now that he's sorted the inherent camera issues that's a tool and a half, wouldn't mind one myself

I have the old (if you can call it that ) DJI fc40 £400 or there about. I bought a basic model just to see if I liked the idea , guess what . it's good for me anyway's. The photo's you can get are great and movie's as well .

I looked at the photos, however at camera club we had some lectures, and it seems pictures can only be used personally unless licensed, that means can't submit them for photo competitions, and it seems you can't publish them.

Putting onto open access internet is publishing them, so unless licensed could not publish on here for example.

Now to me the whole idea of taking photos is to show them off to others, so looked at licence route, the risk assessment bit is very restrictive.

So it's like fitting a dash cam to a motor bike and driving at 100 MPH, nothing illegal fitting dash cam to motor bike, but you can't show it public or you will be caught for speeding.

It is causing a bit of friction in camera club, the one member with plane, and the one member with a licence for a drone, have an advantage, however as pointed out those able to afford going on a safari can also present photos others can only dream of taking.

Sponsored Links
Back