Droning noise in central heating boiler

Sponsored Links
Most people refer to RGIs as 'plumbers'.

The fact that he was in front of the boiler with the cover off listening - he could well have been a monkey and heard where the sound was coming from.

It was the FAN. Get over it and move on. :rolleyes:

:LOL: You are up against what can I say........................yes correct! ;)

and correct RGI's have to be plumbers first before they can become RGIs

Sponsored Links
...and correct RGI's have to be plumbers first before they can become RGIs
Since when?
I was told that to become a registered gas safe installer, all aspects of plumbing comes into it, how else do you think you are going hang a boiler and plumb it to pipes and rads?
No such requirement. Many other disciplines can be an acceptable back ground.
One of my clients is a submarine engineer, he knows more about pipework than most plumbers ever will, or need to. He could go straight into gastraining would he choose to do so. Dito for certified welders, toolmakers, refrigeration engineers, and so on.

I also rather expect it to be a Turbomax because most of what the OP has said seems to sit with that model.

Its not usually needed to know the actual speed but its useful to know if the speed is correct for that model/fan.

I will be able to demonstrate that and other useful boiler measurements if some RGIs come out for a curry sometime.

Tony

put the pot on, I will be over, and love to learn your trade!

No money in my trade, especially when I have to export things from here to China!

Ben i know EXACTLY what you mean when you say a FGA must be used to fix this "fan" issue, if it is the same ecomax that you and I are thinking of then there are about at most "5" people in this wonderfull site who know how to fix it! and even google will never help joe or easy123 learn the secret! ;)

it's a pitty they are all blowing excess air about this fan as the fan will always provide enough excess air itself, but only if you can interperet and use the correct tools, for wich a proper hardcore RGI is required!

thanks to everyone for their input, especially Joe60. i especially found the technical explanations useful and interesting to follow.

i have arranged with the RGI plumber for him to install a new fan. he says it's not a big job, no more than two hours.

sorry for not supplying more boiler details. will see how new fan goes and feed back when its installed. the stuff about fan speed is interesting. of course on pcs you can access this info easily.

very helpful. good to see debate but no need for personal attacks. are there forum rules re bullying, moderators?

thanks again.

sorry purple fleece for your experience on this forum. A lot of negative attitude here. Joe had to put up with undeserved attacks and I find it embarrassing to be banded together with some of these guys. some of us will continue to try and give a more positive approach to giving advice. Don't be put off just ignore the less helpful among us.

Ben i know EXACTLY what you mean when you say a FGA must be used to fix this "fan" issue, if it is the same ecomax that you and I are thinking of then there are about at most "5" people in this wonderfull site who know how to fix it! and even google will never help joe or easy123 learn the secret! ;)

it's a pitty they are all blowing excess air about this fan as the fan will always provide enough excess air itself, but only if you can interperet and use the correct tools, for wich a proper hardcore RGI is required!

Don't underestimate the educative power of this site bell, The drilling of the hole in the *** ****** was a much talked about topic on here a ways back.
There'll be quite a few guys who remember that.

sorry purple fleece for your experience on this forum. A lot of negative attitude here. Joe had to put up with undeserved attacks and I find it embarrassing to be banded together with some of these guys. some of us will continue to try and give a more positive approach to giving advice. Don't be put off just ignore the less helpful among us.

Why don't you ask Joe about his vacuum sensing diaphragm (or whatever part name he decided to invent recently)? ;).
You will learn that there are a few posters here that deserve nothing but ridicule. Joe-90 and Peterperfection are two of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back