drop ceiling canopy for kitchen island

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just a general question. Fitting new kitchen and decided to drop ceiling over island to create ambient lighting and allow room for extract hood. Looking at what I have built this far I think I may have gone a little large on timber.
Using 4x2 over most of the construction, drop pegs from current joists with 4x2 cross pieces to screw mdf to and give nice flat under surface. will then screw mdf sides round edges to box in and create lip for led strip light to sit in.

Question is once finished although screwed securely would the weight of 4x2 and mdf be a tad too much overkill. any suggestions comments welcome as never built one of these before.
Cheers J

Sponsored Links
Seemed the obvious choice, as not very good at plastering. ,, if not either of these ,, suggestions..???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back