drug trial horror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with two of the six men still critical whilst not wishing the worst on any of them, I wonder if relatives may try to seek damages? Considering that they most probably have all signed a release form. One wonders that due to the severity and unexpectedness of this happening that a precedent may be set? after all by the time the drug gets to the stage of testing on humans the risk factors have to be extremely small. So could this horrendous situation have been caused by human error ie wrong dosage or some other error? Time will tell.

Sponsored Links
have a special interest in this topic....will you fill me in?

Sponsored Links
an old very , very close friend

vicky , shes , 40, fit as f***,was married divored , a real lovely sexy matey girl .. lol

who works at Christies ,
they have a DTR Unit ... an its full of dossers an students

sometimes ward 29, her ward ,
which has a thru double doors

the nursing staff have had to burst thru an do CPR/defib ,resus ....many time

but as the Volunteers had signed release notes they CANNOT TALK TO THE PRESS as the Hoss trust says ..lol ..

what when on down there

was was wrong
normally hospitals get the wasters a scum =students ..
an scare them silly with threats of lawsuits for eternity

if they cry an bawl to press ..lol

I doubt who ever screamed will ever see a penny of press money ..lol :)

Did you know a spokesperson for the people who ran the tests actually confurmed that since the incident the website and phones havent stoppped ringing with keen volunteers who just cant wait until the next trial!
when asked why he thought this was he replied " a lot of of people out there didnt know they could earn good money for testing drugs" .

You just cant keep a good druggy down! :rolleyes:

Back in t'day, when I was at Leeds University, you could go off to Hasleton Labs to have various drugs tested on you or, if you wanted the really big bucks, have your heart stopped for 90 seconds or your kidneys scraped. Went over there recently and noticed that Hasleton have built a new 'ward' practically on the campus, obviously having identified their target audience.....

Mind you, if the guy they gave the placebo to ended up looking like this... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4813478.stm then the others must look awful. (I apologise in advance for the fact that one of them will obviously die within about 20 minutes now and make me feel guilty for writing that :oops: )

johnny_t said:
if you wanted the really big bucks, have your heart stopped for 90 seconds

Are you serious. That is so lethally dangerous, there's absolutely no guarantee it will start again however young and fit you are

So, back to the thread, isn't it about time that these drugs were tried out on rapists/murderers? Just imagine the press getting picks of Huntley suffering, really cheer you up, wouldn't it.

No offence to those involved now, must be horrendous to experience such awful situation

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

the thing is though....clinical trials are done in controlled situations..so that data can be compiled. In this case, the drug was for leukemia....and it isnt just for any person with leukemia...the patient has to meet a certain criteria...ranging from age, gender, race, past medical history, what meds they are on. Unfortunately because it is a "trial" drug...adverse reactions can happen....little comfort for those involved and their families.

Get old Giovanni Di S on the case, someone somewhere will have made a mistake, not followed procedure and / or incorrect documentation .. he'll root it out .....
Which drug company is not loaded? Will they allow adverse publicity to potentially affect their business? .. Dirt sticks rightly or wrongly, in the media spotlight..
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back