DRUGS

Sponsored Links
It's a good idea as long as the end result is to wean the addict off the stuff and get them back into employment.

markie said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/6172392.stm

Good or bad idea,?
Bad, where's the incentive to quit the stuff? Problem of drug-related crime solved at what costs? And is it solved??
What's next: gamblers getting money to solve gambling-related crimes?? Drunks getting free booze - alcohol-related crimes solved??

I think it's a good and bad idea, good because it stops/reduces crime ( having said that i'm sure theres some addicts who take a vast amount of drugs per-day more than they would get of the doc, so that would make them go out and commit more crime )

Bad because as WYL said where's the incentive to quit if they can get it for free. Some might think " great we can have our normal amount and get a top up off the doc " which will make them worse.

Sponsored Links
Addicts have an awful life. Given the chance to become 'normal' is a great incentive. The dose would be slowly reduced whilst the addict was trained to lead his/her new life.

You can't give up on people.

Good idea. They aren't going to give it up unless they really want to; so either they are going to spend the rest of their (short) lives taking illegal and dangerous stuff, bought on the streets with the proceeds of crime and funding further crime; or else they are going to live a relatively tidy and orderly life taking drugs on prescription, like the rest of us.

If ciggies were illegal I dare say a lot of the addicts would turn to crime to maintain their habit.

But neither can you give them a freebie.
What about law-abiding people, paying taxes for this?

I get my prescription drugs almost free; if I was poor, or young, or old, I would get then all free.

If legal drugs stop crime why "can't" you?

Law-abiding people currently pay for the police and the prisons and also suffer the crime.

Whoever gets caught doing/taking drugs should get banged up and be made to do cold turkey, then they think twice before doing it again. :LOL:

No, not neccaserily(sp),they go in, cold turkey, come out, and are a bit more cautious, or take easier things like mugging the elderly, i live near it all :cry:

markie said:
Whoever gets caught doing/taking drugs should get banged up and be made to do cold turkey, then they think twice before doing it again. :LOL:

Then they get thousands of your tax £s in compensation.

joe-90 said:
markie said:

Not mine, i don't make that much in a tax year to pay out thousands in tax's :LOL: ;)

markie said:
joe-90 said:
markie said:

Not mine, i don't make that much in a tax year to pay out thousands in tax's :LOL: ;)

so, they watch this forum and realise your richer than the rest of us then, they come for you :LOL: an i now where to send e'm :LOL:

Its a good idea ,:)

it would reduce crime dramatically , well done chief of Police for being brave to suggest this

joe-90 said:
Addicts have an awful life. Given the chance to become 'normal' is a great incentive. The dose would be slowly reduced whilst the addict was trained to lead his/her new life.

You can't give up on people.

Through choice they take drugs...
There is enough £££££ spent telling people not to smoke, drink, gamble, unprotected sex, you name it.
If people are given all the facts & then still do these things AGAINST ADVICE why should the majority of us have to sort them out.

Sponsored Links
Back