DRUGS

We're taking steps to prevent them robbing us and pumping money into organised crime, that's why.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
We're taking steps to prevent them robbing us and pumping money into organised crime, that's why.
By pumping money into them?

Still feel the wrong steps are being taken to prevent them robbing us.

By doing what's needed to reduce criminal behaviour.

Do you prefer to pump money into insurance premiums and prisons, and still suffer the crime?

Woodyou..I agree
As has been said, shall we give gamblers money, so they can gamble & not rob. What about giving 'joy rider' a car to play with.

Its the mambe pampbe govermental attitude, I had the cane at school, got a slap, sent to bed without watchin tv (yes it was about) I dont think it did me any harm, my kids (well adults now) seem to no wrong from right.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
By doing what's needed to reduce criminal behaviour.
Like I asked before: by giving expensive freebies to these people who have brought this addiction onto their own? Should I pump money into that?

Agree with the sentiment of reducing criminal behaviour, don't agree with the proposed method.

Diyisfun said:
Its the mambe pampbe govermental attitude, I had the cane at school, got a slap, sent to bed without watchin tv (yes it was about) I dont think it did me any harm, my kids (well adults now) seem to no wrong from right.
That's called: taking responsibility for your own actions ;)
And I'm from the same era (no canes though, slap on the fingers we got) and totally agree with you.

WoodYouLike said:
... by giving expensive freebies to these people who have brought this addiction onto their own? Should I pump money into that?....

You are confusing punishment and reward with action to achieve a desired result.

It might make you feel better to leave these people as career criminals, robbing and burgling the rest of us, with you pumping money into prisons and insurance, but I would prefer actions which reduce criminal behaviour.

JohnD said:
You are confusing punishment and reward with action to achieve a desired result.

It might make you feel better to leave these people as career criminals, robbing and burgling the rest of us, with you pumping money into prisons and insurance, but I would prefer actions which reduce criminal behaviour.
Think you are confused. I don't want career criminals, just like you. I don't want career criminals getting freebies.

I agree with John.

We gave George Best an new liver at the cost of 100's of £K - just so he could pickle that one.

Most druggies are young. Many have been abused and/or are illiterate.

If we give them a chance then they may well have 60 - 70 years in front of them. We can't give up on young people - not ever.

joe-90 said:
If we give them a chance then they may well have 60 - 70 years in front of them. We can't give up on young people - not ever.
Yep, by educating them, not by giving freebies that won't change their attitude

joe-90 said:
I agree with John.

We gave George Best an new liver at the cost of 100's of £K - just so he could pickle that one.

Yes because it was George, although a friend of mine has just had an operation required through smoking, & he was told by the surgeon he should stop smoking. But if you dont we can operate again. What B******

WoodYouLike said:
Yep, by educating them, not by giving freebies that won't change their attitude

You're welcome to do all you can to change their attitude and prevent people taking up the habit.

Until you've achieved that, I want action that will reduce their thieving activity.

Looking on the bright side, we could also attack the highly profitable drug-dealing market by reducing the market price.

JohnD said:
You're welcome to do all you can to change their attitude and prevent people taking up the habit.

Until you've achieved that, I want action that will reduce their thieving activity.
I think it's better to spend all that money that's going to be used for the freebies to educate these people.
Your suggestion doesn't give any incentive to change, so they will never and more and more people will take the habit - where's the end??

WoodYouLike said:
Your suggestion doesn't give any incentive to change, so they will never and more and more people will take the habit - where's the end??

I spoke to an addict when considering a career in the police, he'd just been arrested for failing to appear in court for shoplifting. (He has been to prison numerous times before)
My cousin (copper) said to him "I thought you'd got off the gear in prison, what went wrong?"

The guy answered "I did get off it, it was great, but then you come out and the only people who will speak to an ex-con/ex-addict are my friends who are still on the gear."
The tempation is there, and he's around it all the time, only a matter of time before he lapses.

Before this I had no sympathy for drug addicts. I still despise/mistrust them, but I hold a much larger resentment for the dealers who supply the stuff.

Prisons are getting full, and the biggest problem (apart from housing criminals who are here illegally and should be deported not kept at our expense) is repeat offenders for petty crimes associated with drug habits.

we should lock 'em up, wean them off and then provide them with support/training/monitoring in the outside world. At the moment they just get stuck straight back into life as they knew it.

woods
an others here with all due respect something you lot dont think about is .....
Druggies since teens dont change an so do we send them prison punish AFTER ALL CRIMES the commit ... to be released an do again ..
or
we give the ingrained hardcore druggies ... their heroin ...

in the newsnight study the other night
these poor wasters who were proflic heroin addict /burglars
were on this programme ...
now happy every few days getting whacked up lesser in a Drugs place , non had been arrested burglaring since this last six months study

they were like Pavlov's Dog an presented themselves

an before they were robbin a house every 3 days for the fix ...
burglary had reduced huge in this area on this study ..
do we carry on stupidly as you lot think or ... nip the hardened /life wasters in the bud from terrorising society /try an wean or Not ?

I Hugely support this or do we JUST shoot them ?
remember heroin addiction doesnt just affect working class family members
once inbred .... they dont have a damascus moment in Prison or dug therapy now ...its a con to get out rob steal mostly family members as well to get that fix ..

we supply an get the hardcore out of criminality
If you can Honestly believe this isnt right you never been touched by it , or living in cloud cookoo land ....
even news night tried to argue against it but accepted

"this was the way forward for our wasted society members who fell Bad !"

Sponsored Links
Back