Dry Lined -> Papered -> Painted Walls - horrible!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All the walls in my home have been dry lined, then papered and then painted over. This means you can see some bubbles in the walls, and even tears in the paint. Trying to "fix" this results in uneven looking surface when painted.

What would you guys/gals suggest to resolve this?

Sponsored Links
You could try removing the lining paper to see what's underneath; if it’s plaster then it can be rectified but if, as I suspect, it's been put straight over the plaster board without being sealed, it will rip the board lining paper off & make a complete mess of the boards as well. Unfortunately you can’t plaster over lining paper so if it won’t come off & leave the boards in a suitable state for skimming, there is not much you can really do with it apart from overboading it with more PB or pull the lot down & start again with either a proper plaster job or new PB & a skim.

Unfortunately you seem to have been the victim of someone’s cheap & very nasty bodge job; sorry I mean make over. :LOL:

:(
Not what I wanted to hear really, but thought as much.

thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back