dry lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me here? I'm doing up my loft and need to do something with the walls that are bare brick (very rough). They seem dry enough though some salt is coming through one side, that I'm wiping off and it seems to be going. Is it possible to dry line over these bare brick walls? Or is rendering them preferable?

many thanks.

Sponsored Links
dry line dot n dab straight onto the brickwork will be fine mate.

regarding the efflorescence though, is this a recent problem? house a new build? if you've got a water ingress problem this should be looked at first and the adhesive won't stick to damp brickwork.

Sponsored Links
re: the efflorescence, it's pretty much gone and the wall itself is a new wall recently built, so would I be right in thinking that this was just a result of it drying out?

The house is at least 150 years old. I'm glad you think dot n dab will be ok. Saves me lots of messy rendering..

many thanks for your help..

yes then james, the efflorescence will be the soluble salts coming out of the wall as it dried out so once it has stopped appearing brush it off and away you go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back