New conservatory - remove external render before dry-lining?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've had a quote for a new conservatory (rear of house). The plan seems to be to leave the current external render in place, put a wooden frame against it (I think) and dry-line the wall.

I've just had the render replaced on the front of the house, the render on the rear is in better condition but it's still not great.

Would there be any benefit to removing the old render, before dry-lining the wall? As much as anything, I don't like the idea of leaving render in place that has seen better days (and uses up a precious inch or two of space!), even though I don't suppose it'll do much harm if left there...

I'm wondering if either option will have any bearing also on re-rendering the remaining rear of the house in the future?

Regards,
Richard.

Sponsored Links
If the render is sound it can be plastered directly onto.

If the render is sound it can be plastered directly onto.

I know that one section by the edge of the patio door is loose, not sure of the condition of the rest because I can't see it.

Generally though, over the house as a whole, its blown here and there, sound in the majority though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back