Dry Ridge Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*edit* situation has changed since posting so am going to start a new thread. Can this one please be deleted

It's you're favourite unlucky roofing member here with another question .

Got our tile roof completely re-done a week ago and the roofer has gone awol after being paid and after strong wind and rain it is leaking . Yay .

Got another guy round, who I have been recommended. He has had a look and listed a number of issues with the roof. The biggest one being that the membrane under the dry ridge hasn't been attached with adhesive and is just folded under meaning driving rain will get in .

I know nothing about how this should have been fitted .does that sound right to you folks? He says it needs lifted and done properly .also the ridge tiles haven't been secured properly .

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Also been sent pics from the guy who came round to look at the roof, showing what he felt was abadly done dry verge, which had used the wrong verges and hadn't been attached properly.

IMG_2700.jpg IMG_2697.jpg

Seriously cannot win. Between sorting the ridge, verges, few broken tiles and flashing he is asking for £1900 .

Gutted. The original roofer has done a runner and we can't get in contact with him. He was a sole trader type thing so I'm guessing it would be a waste of time to chase him legally.

*******s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back