Dry ridge with deep profile tiles (Marley Anglia)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm feeling some time pressure so considering a dry ridge to save myself a few hours when the time comes.

My roof is Marley Anglias. I'm confused with the number of dry systems and whether the filler pieces are required or not. If the system is a continuous ridge roll with a breather strip down the middle for ventilation, then do I still need the filler pieces (presumably to prevent birds nesting in the ridge tiles, even though they can't access the roof?)

The filler pieces don't seem widely available, giving me the impression that not many people use them - hence my confusion.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi Gary, I am planning on doing the same , I already have the klober dry ridge kit, and the Anglia's on my existing house also appear to be totally dry fixed, no mortar anywhere which makes me think (hope) it'll work.
The existing fixing from what I can see of it is that black roll of flexible rubber/plastic stuff which is the same as the kit I've bought.
Now I've got my trusses up i can lift the end existing ridge tile and post a pic if that helps.

Are the gaps under the your existing dry-fixed ridge tiles packed with filler pieces?

This is my neighbours:

Last edited:
Nope:

Attachments

• IMG_20170831_192945.jpg
    IMG_20170831_192945.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 513
Sponsored Links
one is dry ridge ..(Dry fix) the other looks like ridge roll dry vent system ..

So, for a ridge roll that has a central ventilation strip that's insect/bird proof, is it acceptable to leave gaping holes as per 23vc's roof (nice house for a bird, but what's the harm...) or is it advisable to fit these profiles to fill the gaps:

https://www.roofinglines.co.uk/product/marley-anglia-filler-unit-vented

If I look at the datasheet for a Klober 'roll fix' it states that

Suitable for: ƒ Most popular makes of roof tiles and slates except Redland Delta and Deep Profile Clay Pantiles

Is an Anglia 'deep'? Does any of this matter!?

I wondered the same thing Gary, not sure if they are considered deep pantiles. Not sure how much an issue the potential bird nesting is, I hadnt thought of that

just bed the ridge, you can get joint fixing systems to give you the mechanical fix.
there is no point in using the roll and pointing the troughs. it will fall out anyway

Thanks datarebal, would you say just using the role (I've got the klober kit already) is OK for these tiles. As that's how they've been done on my existing roof and I don't think it's leaking although I can't be sure as it's all felted

Thanks datarebal, would you say just using the role (I've got the klober kit already) is OK for these tiles. As that's how they've been done on my existing roof and I don't think it's leaking although I can't be sure as it's all felted

That's the million dollar question... can I just use a ridge roll...

Anglia is a concrete pan tile really.
and definitely deep profile. You might get all sorts of birds and insects nesting in your ridge. whether the roll will mould down around the profile of the tiles is another matter. Marley do a ventilated ridge specifically for interlocking tiles and lists anglias as suitable tiles

and definitely deep profile. You might get all sorts of birds and insects nesting in your ridge. whether the roll will mould down around the profile of the tiles is another matter. Marley do a ventilated ridge specifically for interlocking tiles and lists anglias as suitable tiles

That's my concern. However, when I look at a marley vented ridge, the diagram show it being used with deep profile tiles without infills:

full

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/marley-ridege-fast-system-6m.html

As you say - it specifically mentions the Anglia-Plus so I wonder if they've discounted the bird problem?

Technical
Maximum rafter pitch:
• 50 degrees - Modern, Double Roman, Edgemere, Ludlow Plus, Ludlow Major.
• 60 degrees - Plain, Mendip, Wessex, Anglia Plus.

don't think you will have too much problem with birdsds as there won't be much room in there but insects maybe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back