Dry rot? Or efflorescence on plastered wall after damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Could someone please help me identify what this could be?

I had a leaking pipe in my utility room- for a very long time. It was under the laminate floor and went unnoticed. This is now fixed.

In the utility room I also use a condenser, which leaked allot. This no longer gets used.

Basically for quite a while, my utility room was a pretty wet, warm place. Some stuff developed on the wall when the room was like that, and I don't know what it could be. I have dthe room out, fixed the leak and removed the leaky condenser.

I have attached a photo of my utility room wall, is this dry rot? Or another leak?!

Attachments

• IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 236
Sponsored Links
what is the wall made of?

Is there a copper pipe plastered into that wall? I think I can see green in the crack. Or is there a bathroom above?

show us the floor.

Hi! Thank you for your reply!
There is no green, I think that's a spider web& crack.
There is a small sink below this that can't be seen in the photo so there could be pipes?
The wall is block, it is the back wall of my house. Yes, above this is an ensuite that is never used (has been storing refurbishment materials, underlay , finer glass etc),
I've left the house at the moment so don't have a photo of the floor, but it is concrete, and dry.
In the photo the wall that can be seen on the left is a stud wall from the utility room- utility room toilet.

Sponsored Links
Hi foxhole :)
Sorry, this is the back gable wall of a two storey extension,
Thank you,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back