Dry Verge Retrofit - Battens too short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm spending some time trying to work out whether I can dry verge my own roof. I've chipped away some of the existing wet verge and can see that the battens are cut flush with the barge boards. To fit the universal units I've bought I need to extend these by about 5cm. I was hoping I could do this job without disturbing the existing tiles (I'm no roofer). All options I can find for extending the battens will require me to remove some tiles to fasten batten extensions to, which I'm not going to do. I've read about fixing another batten to these existing batten ends but given it would need to be 50mm, that feels a hefty 'batten' to fasten into the existing batten end.

Have I any other options?

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
A guy asked me to put half a dozen back on his property today as they are hanging off. ( which I declined ) I can't believe people are still fitting these!
Nail/screw a baton to the ends of the original batons then add another baton to that if need be.

Thanks for the advice - will give that a go. Hope mine last longer than the ones you've seen!
Cheers,
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back