Dry Verge systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit dry verge protection to my roof, but cannot decide whose system to use.
Marley seems to be most expensive - but is it the best?
Or there is Klober
And what about Manthorpe. This seems a lost cheaper so is it any good?
Does anyone have any views or experience of these or others?

Sponsored Links
Manthorpe is decent enough. Are you near Aldridge? Areco sell them cheap.

Personally I prefer mortar than DV.

continous dry verge is better than individual units in my humble opinion
comes in 5m lengths and a jointer is available if the spar length is longer.
profiles vary from small tiles to a deep profile tile or a small profile for slates..

Sponsored Links
continous dry verge is better than individual units in my humble opinion
comes in 5m lengths and a jointer is available if the spar length is longer.
profiles vary from small tiles to a deep profile tile or a small profile for slates..

Pourquoi?

Roof tiles are laid in individual elements and are removed as individual elements. Smaller units are portable. Damage to a 5m length is costlier to that of the smaller fella.

I await your pros for the longer unit..... ;)

can you retrofit those dry verge systems without ripping the old roof up?

Mine has a mortar verge that falls out

similar to

View media item 16560

Hi John.

I have never fitted a dry verge to slates and would imaging the mortar has no purchase on the smooth surface - hence it keeps falling out.

When fitting dry verge as an on-going build, you would normally leave the lathes full length (as opposed to cut back 30-40mm when mortaring), so as to provide an end fixing for the dry verge units.

I do believe there are retro kits available that provide elongated fixings but i would not rely on these as the lathe end is usually shot.

Have a peak here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back