Dryer Vent Through uPVC Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great forum!

We had our windows and doors replaced by Anglian around a decade and a half ago.

We recently purchased a new dryer that requires an extraction vent. The nearest panel to it (below the window next to the back door) doesn't have a vent in it.

Does anyone know if the panel is something that I can cut myself using a drill/jigsaw; i.e. does it have metal running through it?

I have contacted Anglian with my query twice but they have failed to respond.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Ictinus

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Only a DIY'er, but my experience of panels are of a uPVC skin, sandwiching a polystyrene sheet. There may be a sheet of MDF in the sandwich for reinforcement.
Screenshot_20220922-102524_Chrome.jpg
If it makes the job easier, it can be quite simple to take the panel out of the frame completely. This would also give you a better idea of the construction.

...and yes, you should be able to cut it yourself! :)

RG, thank you very much for the speedy reply.

It's given me the courage to give the job a whirl.

At the moment, we're sticking the dryer vent 'snake' through the catflap/an open window. This won't be practicable in the dead of winter.

I'm hoping that I can use the termination kit here:

Thanks again.

Regards.

Ic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back