Tumble Dryer Venting Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I'm planning on venting my Tumble Dryer thru the wall, the kit I have purchased recommends drilling a 112mm hole, I have a 107mm core drill bit - will that suffice?

I know Screwfix sell a 117mm bit for £23 if my 107mm it's large enough.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I cannot 100% guarantee it will be ok because of the different manufacturer recommendation , but I would be surprised if it did not fit.

I cannot 100% guarantee it will be ok because of the different manufacturer recommendation , but I would be surprised if it did not fit.

Thanks JJ, I'm planing to give it a go at the weekend so within a week I'll know either way!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you fit the pipe which'll be going through the hole you're about to make inside of the core bit you're planning to make the hole with?

If so, no problem. But if you end up with a hole right through your wall which turns out to be too small it'll be tricky to enlarge it cleanly. You won't be able to simply run the bigger size core through coz you won't have any way to support the guide drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back