Tumble Dryer outlet advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am going to my local Screwfix to pick up a Tumble Dryer vent kit tonight - at the moment, we stick the tube out the cat flap!

One thing that has been worrying me before I start drilling - at what height should I install the vent?

On first thought I was just going to have it level with the oulet on the back of the dryer but then I thought perhaps having it a little lower - any residual water would then run outside rather than back into the dryer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - perhaps it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The thing to avoid is a U bend i.e. the hose going down then up to the wall vent. In such cases, water can condense out and pool in the lowest point of the U bend until eventually the hose is blocked. If the dryer is not under a worktop you could make the hole just below the top of the dryer and cut the hose so it is the right length so you can connect it by reaching over the top of the machine while you are pushing it back to the wall. Your idea of having the hole lower than the exhaust outlet on the machine will only work if you can avoid the U bend problem, again by having the hose only just long enough.

Straight out the back mate, and if you have hired a core drill you'll be so pleased with yourself :p
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back