Drying out plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The stone cottage we are renovating is being replastered throughout (as I strip off the woodchip :cry:). So far one bedroom has been done. It's quite a big room with just one small cottage window. Two weeks on there are still a couple of areas which look a bit damp - underneath the window sill and in a strange little recess half way up the opposite wall. There is no heating but I have left the sash window part open, Was hoping to be able to camp out in that room when I move in exactly 17 days time. In fact I was even hoping to be able to paint it beforehand.
Wondered about using a dehumidifier but have seen advice not to. How can I speed it up but gently and is a dehumidifier a no no?

Sponsored Links
Lots of people use dehumidifiers I once worked on a site with 2 industrial humidifiers working in the same room I was plastering it was pathetic what materials is your stone cottage being replastered with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back