Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello DIYnot's,
I am currently renovating a little cottage in the middle of Cotswolds; which has a lot of little projects over the next couple of years for me to work on. So my list of projects I am currently working on and for the future are:
  1. Repointing the exterior stone wall of the kitchen
  2. Rebuilding the outside wall to the outhouse
  3. Rendering the whole house
  4. Replastering the Bedrooms and fireplaces
  5. Sandblasting the stone fireplaces
  6. Fitting a new kitchen
  7. Fitting a new bathroom
  8. tiling the floors for the bathroom / Kitchen
So that's my list small projects for the meantime on the cottage in the middle of nowhere.

My_Cotswold_Project.png

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the club, my 500 year old is the middle of a village.

Been working on it for four years but not full time and one day it might get carpets fitted. :(

Hi Bernard,
How far have you been working on the project? I've been working on mine for the last 8 months and with the weather closing in I'm going to have to put some of it on hold. I need to do the carpets at some time in the distant future and hopefully will be there when hell freezes over.

As the weather has been so horrible of late, I've decided to start ordering some of the Hydraulic lime mortar for the house. I've been searching around the local area for some, specifically premix and who can match the mortar (Cotswold). Its been a bit of a challenge, most companies have been charging me for a sample even though I'm ordering a fair bit and not very close to my colour.
However, I did stumble across one company, which seem to hit the nail on the head; Limetec who didn't charge me for a sample and quoted a reasonable price compared to the other ones.
So I've ordered some now and waiting for the delivery and hopefully I'll be repointing in early spring if the weather decides to be good.

Sponsored Links
For my cottage wall repairs I used Hanson's Lime NHL 3.5 which most builders merchants stock or can obtain for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back