Drying time for concrete after boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had new vinyl put down about a month ago in our kitchen. About 10 days ago our boiler decided to leak from the auto air vent valve. It wasn't a massive flood but it was a leak that dripped down the wall, onto the floor and then under the vinyl. The vinyl had a nice cushy soft layer underneath which was perfect for absorbing water.

We pulled the vinyl up and found water went about half way down the kitchen. We put the de-humdifier on and left it to work for the past 10 days. It's looking good but I don't know when its 100% dry and safe to put the vinyl back down.

This is how the floor looked on the morning of the flood.

IMG_0255.JPG

This is how it looks today.

IMG_0256.JPG

Would you say that it's safe to put the vinyl back down now? 10 days drying time with a dehumidifier on.

Sponsored Links
I would say so since you used a dehumidifer. I'd have given it about 2 weeks without one so you should be OK.

Best way to check is either tape a square of cling film on for a day or so and see if it gets condensation, or just put the lino down overnight and check the next day underneath for condensation.
If there is none is dry, if there is leave it longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back