Drywall adhesive expiry date

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I ordered some GTec Universal Bonding Compound 25kg from Ridgeons which I had delivered on the 01/03/18 and I just noticed that the expiry date on the side says 23/05/18 and was wondering if this is a short expiry date or is that the normal amount of time?

I was hoping to of used it already but due to delays and time i have not and i may struggle to use it all before the expiry date!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
My drywall adhesive delivered a couple of weeks ago has expirey mid June. I doubt however that the day after this, the stuff is not gonna stick to the wall. Seems to stick to everything. Like sh1t to a blanket. Get cracking and dab those boards up!

And it probably depends how well you keep it. I've just used a 2 year old half bag of finishing plaster that I kept in the airing cupboard and it was workable as long as a new bag.

I reckon the only detrimental effect is it might start taking ages to go off if it’s very old. Which if you’re slow is a bonus.

Sponsored Links
Not with drywall adhesive, but my experience of easi-fill is the older it is the fast it seems to go off.

I've used dry wall that was a year out of date with no obvious issues yet. But it was a small area, hence using half an old bag.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back