Drywall bit holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a drywall bit with a depth stop. I also bought the bit holder to go with it -

https://www.bargaintools.co.uk/stor...=2019&osCsid=c2df1866f79fc2d93c528f66606f5308

The bit won't go into the holder and didn't come with any insrtuctions. There's a rubber washer inside the bit holder that seems to stop the bit engaging with the hex bit inside the holder, but even if it did it would appear to only go in a couple of mm.

I know that's not particularly clear but why is a drywall bit holder different from a regular bit holder?

The drywall bit will fit directly into a drill, but wondered what the bit holder was supposed to do?

Many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
What happens if you try sliding the knurled cyan sleeve towards your drill, will the bit engage properly then?

use the drywall bit on its own in your drill,they work pretty good

to use the drywall bit adapter you need a ordinary 25mm phillips #2 bit ,then turn the larger blue bit to show more or less of the bits tip and the smaller blue ring to lock its position ,this acts as a depth stop,the end of the adapter is magnetic so screws are held onto the bit

Sponsored Links
Yup, the knurled collar is a depth stop, to prevent the screw head tearing through the paper. Screw or unscrew to put it in deeper or shallower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back