Drywall corner help :/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice guys. I recently moved into a repossessed house and the 'DIY' is pretty shoddy! Bellow are pictures of the half finished bathroom. If you can see in the pictures he didn't quite go to the edges with the drywall.. Would I be better off cutting back a few inches and putting a new bit on to reach the corner or just fill in what's there? Then I can carry on with the corner beading. I'm not sure what's best. I'm new to this DIY thing as you can probably tell.

Also in the first pic in the corner there's a huge gap. Would I be better off ripping it all off or would filler solve this or could I just get away with doing the corner beading as it?

Also on the 2nd picture I understand I need to corner bead along the edge but there doesn't seem to be enough room for metal beading. What would be the best solution for this?

Cheers guys.

B2064275-C365-4E48-9DB0-9E9F5C0A0086_zpsxkfeqanm.jpg

D07017D5-EF9F-4CCF-9589-DAA04DD85BE1_zpsovbbmmr9.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can you step back and take some pics that will put the defects in some kind of context?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back