DSC Alarm System Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a DSC system that was originally installed by Scottish Gas. I think its about 10 years old. Its a wireless system, with battery operated PIR's.

Its given me all sorts of problems, and last year, I managed to get an ex SG installer to service it, and for a while it worked fine.

Recently, the 'trouble' light was lit and wouldn't re-set, then the alarm went off for no reason during the night and I suspect that the main panel battery is flat and also some of the PIR's.

I'd like to get it back up and running myself, but reading some of the other posts on this, it looks like the system will be difficult to re-program, and will undoubtedly be protected by service engineer passwords.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I do anything at all with this panel (master re set) and start again?
2. Is there a detailed instruction manual anywhere?
3. Could I rip the DSC panel out and install a more user friendly one? and if so are there compatibility issues?

Sorry for the long post, but its quite a frustrating system to work with.

Sponsored Links
personally i would remove all of the system and install a wired syatem
(less to go wrong)
but as you are aware that means cabling the building!!
which can be troublesome.

so contact your local security supplier, (or google)
and purchase a Scantronic ION 16 wireless system, seem to be pretty good,

(other wireless panels and accessories are available, but try to steer clear of yale, just a personal thing with `sold at DIY store alarm systems)

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back