DSC Alarm Systems ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Was just looking for opinions on the DSC alarm Systems

http://www.dsc.com/index.php

I'd never heard of them but was looking at home automaton systems and a piece of software which is compatible with these systems as well as lighting

Also some home automation products work on same frequency as wireless alarm systems

Anyone know if these cause issues ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Like many of the automation systems, it looks mainly US based. Many of the products only show US availability.

Go for Galaxy Dimension. Easier to get low cost add-on parts in the UK.

Which automation system are you installing ?

i'm not 100% sure on automation

LighwaveRF seem good but it does use 4xx and 8xx, same as wirelsess alram range Or C bus i think, only began looking into it

Was just researching seeing if i could do automated lighting and security in one system or controlled from one piece of software

i'm not 100% sure on automation

LighwaveRF seem good but it does use 4xx and 8xx, same as wirelsess alram range Or C bus i think, only began looking into it

Was just researching seeing if i could do automated lighting and security in one system or controlled from one piece of software

All depends on how much you want to do. If you want scene control or complex sequence control, then a dedicated automation system is probably best suited.

I use the Galaxy Dimension panel to control lighting and garage door, but it's simple detector/timer/android based control and not complex sequences.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back