Replacement alarm panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Looking for some advice about installing a replacement alarm system.

I've installed several DSC PC1832 panels in the past - with wired and wireless sensors. The panel does work but it is a pain to configure, also I've found the wireless sensors to sometimes be a little bit unreliable.

The good thing about the system is being able to hook it up to home automation systems such as Homeseer (via their IT-100 module).

I'm now in a position where due to a re-wiring job in my house I can replace this system. The question is; is there a better one on the market that I should look at? Being able to connect it up to a home automation system is crucial requirement.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The home automation company maybe able to advise you on suitable panels. If you already have their kit.

You would expect they would have tested alarm panels with there home automation system.

Given that your upgrading your panel, do you have any home automation kit already, as this may seriously influence your choices.

X10 is usally cheaper to integrate than some of the crestron based systems from my understanding.

You need to look at your budget before you start, search for home automation alarm integration.

Risco do X10, Texecom did do X10 but you may struggle to get the controller now, they also do crestron protocol systems over ipcom or pc-com. (extra vegtables have done the drivers for the systems they offer).

But there are many solutions and they are seriously budget dependent

Thanks for the reply.

You would expect they would have tested alarm panels with there home automation system.
Homeseer support lots of different alarm systems mostly via third party drivers. Also the support is very much community/forum driven for what its worth.

The home automation company maybe able to advise you on suitable panels.
Also they sell DSC panels via their website so they would probably recommend them as they've partnered with them - doesn't necessarily mean they are the best though!

I wouldn't touch X10, frequently unreliable and regarded as archaic technology.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back