DSC 1832 bell wiring issue with Pyronix DeltaPlus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m wondering if anyone can help me? I’ve installed a DSC PC1832 v4.6 panel with 6 wireless zones. I’ve got a Pyronix Deltaplus external sounder, I’ve set the definition to 03 instant. The Pyronix sounder is set to default and I’ve programmed the alarm to use the pressure sensor. All seemed good, the sounder sounds when the pressure sensor is opened, however the control panel is telling me there is a bell wiring issue. I’ve checked the wiring and it looks okay, although I will say the wiring instructions with the sounder are a little contradictive. I’ve tried reversing the polarity and I’ve still got the bell wiring fault.

I’ve attached two pictures, one of the bell and the other of the board. I’d be very grateful for any advise.

2015-09-13 15.47.39.jpg

2015-09-13 15.47.35.jpg

David

Sponsored Links
Bell terminals on DSC panel are for sounder, not for bellbox

To triger bell and strobe use PGM 1 and PGM 2 outputs

To supply pos and neg to bellbox use AUX+ and - terminals

To connect tamper T/T terminals wire it to Z1 and com or any zone accordingly, program as 24h zone and fit end of line resistors if required.

Fit 1k resistor across bell + and - terminals on DSC panel to stop bell fault.

Will be fine then

Thanks Serg. I did as you suggested and all works well... I was getting an open zone for the bell box tamper, however an end of line resister in place of the red wire bridge did the trick.

Many thanks.

It might be worth pointing out for others that have seen my pictures and are looking to replicate, the red wire bridge (wich needs to be replaced by a resister) is setup for a negative polarity tamper return, however you may notice that the jumpers on the bell box are set to positive polarity. I switched the jumper over to negative before setup to fix this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back