How to wire UK Texecom siren to DSC PowerSeries panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Texecom Odysey X3 siren on a DSC PowerSeries PC1832 panel.
I can't work out the wiring from the panel to the siren.

The DSC has just two bell outputs:
Bell +
Bell -

The Texcom Odysey X3 has
+12v
Bell
Tmp
0v
Strb

Please can someone explain how I should connect these two up please?

I've a single siren, so assuming SAB is the correct setting.

I've discovered that the DSC can set a PGM output to be latching alarm output, so I can imagine I can use that for the strobe, so it continues to flash after an alarm where the bell has silenced.

Does anyone know how the Odysey's remote engineer hold off feature works? In future, if I am working on the panel and need to power it down, how will I prevent the siren from going off?

Thanks all, hopefully as few trips up the ladder tomorrow as possible! I'm replacing an old Group-4 bell box - with an actual ringing bell in it, old school.

Sponsored Links
sorry don't do DSC and have no manuals.

for an odyssey bell box to work it needs a minimum of power across A and D, B for the bell trigger

you can then add S for the strobe trigger, C is the tamper return.

I found this table on a useful website (https://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/pscatalog/modules/blocknews/item.php?item_id=7):

Code:
SIREN                DSC PANEL
 Neg Hold Off         AUX -
 Pos Hold Off         BELL +
 Bell Trigger         BELL -
 Strobe Trigger       PGM1
 Tamper Return        ZONE

Does that look right?

Also did some digging on the siren an found out how to remotely disable (engineer hold off mode) - trigger the strobe 3 times in 30 seconds to activate this mode.

Self-Activate (S/A) on tamper function should be disabled before the cover is removed. This is achieved by using the unit’s unique patented engineer Hold-Off mode. This is invoked by activating and de-activating the strobe three times within 30 seconds. Most control panels have a method of testing the strobe, which should be utilised. Failing this the strobe can be manually activated by connecting the S (STRB) wire to 0V at the control panel. Hold-Off mode is shown to be active with the tamper circuit secure by the right LED only flashing.
http://www.moretonalarms.com/pdf_engineer_manuals/Odyssey.pdf

Sponsored Links
Will be same as the group 4 unit
Sorry I should have clarified - the group 4 unit was running on a different old panel, which has now been replaced with the new DSC panel.

Found this handy wiring diagram tucked at the back of the panel installer manual. Maybe helps someone else in the future.

Attachments

• dsc siren wiring_1.jpg
    dsc siren wiring_1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 517

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back