Dual back boxes (2 singles)

Sponsored Links
There is no gap. The box is designed to permit two single face plates to butt together. Read the comments on the screwfix site and note the lugs do not permit alignment adjustment. You can get 25mm ones from the likes of CPC Farnell

They only work with standard white plastic fronts. Any other finish such as chrome or brass will not fit.

Sponsored Links
There are some metallic plates that will fit the dual backbox, so just not plastic ones. But will be trial and error. I recall that Lap chrome accessories do fit.

There are some metallic plates that will fit the dual backbox, so just not plastic ones.
I would have thought most metal accessories of this basic shape

VLXS4B.JPG

would fit - only the flat plate style being troublesome.

But will be trial and error.
Surely nobody would install a dual box without checking first that their chosen accessories would be OK with it?

There are some metallic plates that will fit the dual backbox, so just not plastic ones.
I would have thought most metal accessories of this basic shape

VLXS4B.JPG

would fit - only the flat plate style being troublesome.

But will be trial and error.
Surely nobody would install a dual box without checking first that their chosen accessories would be OK with it?

I would agree, my reply was based on the post made by RFL and my experience in fitting Lap metallic accessories to dual backboxes. Maybe this is a discussion you should take up with RFL?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back