Dual flush overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After flushing the water the cistern continues to fill at full bore and chucks it down the overflow (middle of the flush valve) ... so must be an issue with the fill valve. When filling, the float lifts as the water comes in but doesn't shut off the water and the level rises above the float and then above the flush valve and into the pan. Activating the float early by lifting it doesn't stop the water. What is weird is if you stop the water with the shutoff valve when it's overflowing and then re-open the shutoff it doesn't start filling and overflowing again.... which suggests the fill valve does work.
I ran out of time but will see if I can dismantle the top of the fill valve to check the washer/diaphragm as it will be a pig of a job to replace the whole valve due to lack of access to the bottom of the cistern. Any idea on the problem or the make of the valve ?
[url=https://ibb.co/PGF0F7j][/URL]

Sponsored Links
It's a SIAMP Trueflow cistern and a flavour of SIAMP fill valves, most likely a Compact 99B. Changing the whole valve has to be the last option due to access to the bottom of the cistern. Do these valves dis-assemble ?

Some of those unscrew from the stem. Hard to tell on the photo, but check the lugs of the arm are fully on first, one looks like it’s up.

Sponsored Links
My sons house so no pic atm. This shows the dis-assembly of SIAMP's.

Using a flat headed screwdriver, turn off the water under the cistern (assuming it's been installed with an isolator) or at the by hand at main stopcock.
Follow the video you posted to inspect the valve, clean it out.
check the play in the arms holding the float, look to see if raising the float pushes in the pin on the valve etc.

It will take you longer to go turn the water off at a stopcock than it will to inspect the valve etc. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back