Dual Fuel Gas Hob/Electric Oven - Bad practice, Compliant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My first post, please be gentle.

I am installing an electric oven/gas hob into a fitted kitchen.

The oven & hob came as a pack. The oven is 2100w with a standard 13amp plug on the end. The hob is a gas hob with a plug on the end for the 'clicker' ignite button. This has a standard 3 pin plug on the end with a 5amp fuse.

The hob has been connected by a corgi registered gas fitter. There is a standard switched double socket under the worktop behind the space for the oven (under the hob). This is part of the ring main that supplies the entire flat including the kitchen. I would like to simply 'plug' both the oven and hob in.

However there is no oven/cooker/hob switch above the worktop. Therefore the only way to turn off (separate the oven and hob from the mains) is to turn off at the consumer unit and remove oven and switch off at the socket.

I understand that this is bad practice, but is it still compliant (part p, iee, building regs, etc.)

Thank you for your help.

Niceguy.

Sponsored Links
No I do not think it is, but I bet there are a lot out there the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back