Dual outlet Cooker Connection Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like to ask you lads a question re: a change of connected equipment.

Originally the CCU had a Hob and an Oven connected to it. The hob is going to be replaced with a gas unit but still needs a supply for the igniter.

Would I be correct in thinking that the flex to the hob will have to be connected via a FCU with a fuse in it to suit the flex size, or would it be OK to just terminate it directly into the 2nd cct on the CCU if I replace the flex with 2.5mm² or 4mm² cable ( if it'll fit of course ?

The existing Main Cable Feed is 6mm² through an above-worktop DP Cooker Switch via a 32A RCBO in the CU.

There is a socket on the Cooker Switch if that makes any difference.

Lastly, would any of this work be notifiable as I'm not really adding any new circuits ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
What rating is the oven?

And yes you should use an FCU or a standard 13A socket. The hob may come with a sealed plug.

Hi Steve, the Oven is rated at 2.65KW. I Knew I'd forget summat :oops:

So they will both need to be supplied via an FCU - 13A one in the case of the oven.

Or if they both come with plugs replace the cooker outlet plate with a double socket outlet if it's in a sensible place.

And yes, it's notifiable - see Schedule 2B.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, with it being such a simple little job, I may well get someone in to do it. I can't see the point of paying the BC fee when the all-in price for a sparkie to do it will prolly be not much more.

I was going to do it myself coz I thought ( mistakenly ) it wouldn't be notifiable.

Thanks again.

Bigzed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back