Dual oven reassurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've recently had a new kitchen installed, with 2 built-in ovens side by side. I thought I was using a trusted electrician, found via social media - I may have fallen into the age old trap as they seem to have gone off the radar so asking here for a bit of reassurance that what they have installed is safe.

We're in a new build, and have the NICEIC certificate that states we have a oven fuse in the fuse board, rated 32a. It's using 6mm cable. There is an oven isolator switch in the kitchen. This also has a plug on it.

They have put in a dual appliance plate using 6mm cable from the oven switch to the dual appliance plate, then 6mm twin and earth from the dual plate to each oven. The cable from the switch to the plate is run behind the plasterboard dot and dab wall, and the two cables feeding the ovens are cable clipped down the wall then run under and into each cupboard holding the oven.

He said I don't need a new NICEIC certificate and the work was not notifiable as he's used the existing circuit. I asked a couple more things because I read somewhere that each oven should have had its own isolator switch (I know, I don't understand this stuff so I shouldn't have googled it myself) but he's now not replying. They are zanussi ovens, with: Total electricity loading, W3490 (taken from the zanussi website) but there is nothing in the manual about minimum or maximum fuse requirements.

Do I need to call another electrician to come and check this or am I being paranoid?

Sponsored Links
Two ovens rated at 3490 watts each ?
Perfectly ok on the same 32 amp circuit. Worry about something else !!

Sponsored Links
Agree.

Plus you don't have to have any isolation switches - let alone one each.

Duly noted. I know you should never Google a medical condition, I should have followed the same principles here and left it to the pros!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back