Dual/switchable water heating systems? Feasible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is probably a ridiculous question to ask but here goes anyway. :oops:

I currently have a hot water tank immersion heater in my airing cupboard but i'm tempted by the idea of an instantaneous water heater (the redring 12KW to be exact) to run my shower and give me instant hot water in my sinks.

However I would like to still be able to have the occasional bath so the question is this.

Would it be feasible to mount the redring in my airing cupboard next to my hot water tank and T its out put into the hot water out from my storage tank with a valve each side so that i can switch between the two hot water systems.

I've never heard of anyone doing this and googling came up with nothing similar so maybe it's just a daft idea in which case feel free to point and laugh.

Thanks for any help you can offer
Cheers
Charlotte

Sponsored Links
hmm good point, although could always run it off before turning the immersion on I guess.

I've bee wraking my brains for a solution that doesn't involve LPG bottles outside my house. But can't think of a way to have instant hot water and the capacity for a bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back