Ducting size for kitchen extractor

TKH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have made a big kitchen dining living room with gas hob. The room measures around 60 to 70 square metres. I found a few websites that all recommend an extractor that can flow up to 10 times the rooms volume. This bit is not an issue but I have to duct the exhaust about 6 metres through the ceiling joists. It would have a 90 degree shoulder then go straight. What size and sort of ducting would you use? I read that over 6 metres I would get about a 5% drop in flow if I use 150mm solid pipe. I guess that should be ok with out an extra inline fan as we are talking such a beefy extractor anyhow. Any advice is most appreciated

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is safe to put ducting that size through ceiling joists, you would severely weaken joists by putting holes that size through them.

The other option is to mount an extractor on the outside wall away from the hob. there are plenty of 5" fans capable of 70l/s or more.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back